Friday, October 28, 2005

Scottrade Web Site Unusably Slow

The Scottrade broker web site is painfully slow today. Tens of seconds to navigate pages. I pressed the "modify" link to modify an open order and waited 65 seconds to display the next page.

This is ridiculous. No other sites I access are having performance problems. I have tried two browsers (Internet Explorer and Mozilla).

I modified the open order and pressed "review order". It timed out after 3 1/2 minutes. Back to the change order screen and press "review order". It timed out 5 1/2 minutes later.

I clicked the contact us link and typed a message about slow performance. What was I thinking? I pressed "submit" and it timed out after 2 1/2 minutes.


There is a separate "tell us what you think" link. I clicked it and was send to zoomerang.com. That site was fast and let me provide feedback. Maybe Scottrade should outsource their trading site to Zoomerang!


Modify order, press "review order". Time out after four minutes.

Try again... Time out after eight minutes.

Logged in again and now the site is performing okay.

No comments: